• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-winged Black Tern, Venice? (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Average Birder
Am I right with White-winged Black Tern? I'm afraid it's the only photo I have, as we were in a water taxi moving pretty quick.

Thanks,
Louis

Attachments

• 1080256.jpg
    1080256.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 101
Thanks! My initial thoughts were Black Tern but one of the only websites I found on birding in Venice mentioned White-winged Black Tern and not Black Tern hence I thought it must have been White-winged Black Tern.

The dark mark at the breast side/where the wing joins the body eliminates WWBT, as they do not show this mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back