• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

£1,ooo fine. (1 Viewer)

Thanks H

Will the message get through do you think?

D

hi henry
read the article,grand fine,lifes a bloody joke,that wont act as a
deterant,with all that poison i dread to think what he had planned
for the rare birds on his estate

Gota agree with you ian. At the end of the day its only chash. One gun may pay that for one days shooting. Its sweet F/A to them . the sherrif should ban them from shooting on the estate for a season. and put the keeper in jail for three months. Its only efective if you hit them where it hurts other wise it will just crop up time after time. [as ist has again]

One often wonders if the local sheriff has any involvement in these estates. Maybe they should be like MP's and register their interests to the general public, then we could decide if the fines given out are fair or otherwise.

I personally think these paltry fines suck.

Good point Scampo another thing is the amount of power to decide things. thay have lots of lattitude compered to english judges. Hoever i have seen sherrifs that have just been banned for drink and driving sitting on the bench handing down outragious fines to drunken drivers can this sort of thing be right? Sorry im going well off thread ignore all that

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back