• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feather identification-Greece (1 Viewer)

Tsalapeteinos

I found this feather at a rather dry rocky mountainside area with no trees and only small shrubs and grass at about 400m elevation,the east side of mount. Hymettus in Athens for anyone who is familiar with the country. Length is about 11cm. The only feathure that stands out is a pale edge on the "outer" side. I'm guessing at Chukar since the colour seems right and they are quite abundant in the area. What confused me is that I found it about 10m away from a pigeon kill.Could this mean that it belongs to some bird of prey who made the kill and lost it during the scuffle ? So is this some bird of prey ,a Chukar or something else I haven't even considered ? Thanks in advance for any answers!

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back