• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malta No Hunting this Spring and Spring Hunting Poll thread combined (1 Viewer)

Hi Iain,

Sorry just seen your post, fingers crossed yes but not too tightly they may fuse together completely and then how will you type or write when I need backup? :eek!:

Ann :egghead:

Hi Ian and Everybody Else,

Keep trying and signing please. I tried twice initially and was told I had voted both times, it was third time lucky for me as it seems to be each time they run a poll.

I've just voted and it shows the total number of votes as 500+? Have I got the right poll? The one I voted on is in the bottom right hand side of the page.

Important Poll - Please vote

Hi All,

I know I asked before the same thing but we cannot let the hunters win on this one, so please just take a minute of your time and vote on this poll at

http://www.timesofmalta.com

You can vote bottom right.

Thanks for your time

Chris

More No votes needed. It looks like the hunters are out in force.

yes 51.9%
no 46.4%
don't know 1.6%
Total votes: 1032

Hi Vectis,

Every day they lose a day of their lives without their "sick" hobby more birds are living, sorry don't know how else to put that. Eventually they will have to find another "hobby", it is sad that they cannot find something else to occupy their time.

Most people I know with "hobbies" take great care of them and have pride in them, they do not destroy them.

Hi Chris,

A Maltese member also posted details of the same poll earlier to day on the Conservation thread to which I added my vote of course as well as posting the link to the hunter's article in The Times, Malta.

Please vote if you haven't already. The hunters are rigging it methinks, so we need all the votes we can get. A few clicks of a mouse is all it takes.

Hi all,

Big thanks to all of you for the support, please keep it up to help us with this struggle, after all these are also your birds that are being saved here.

After so many years witnessing killings the government refused to open spring hunting season. There is still a long way to go, up til yesterday i saw a Montagu's harrier being shot at, fortunately it was not killed.

thanks again for the much needed support

Ann thank you so much for your devotion on this issue and I wish you best of luck with it!

Voted, it's around 50/50 atm with the 'no' option having the most votes (about 5000 in all. I think)

VOTE everyone!

Dimitris

Thanks Dimi,

I voted on Korea and will again.

Please keep voting folks the figures are now changing slightly in our favour.

Coots (yes our common bird) are breeding on reserve for the first ever time and Black Winged Stilts are setting up territories. Just to show the difference already, sorry don't know how else to put that.

http://timesofmalta.com/

Remember they are birds of the world we are fighting for.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back