• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morocco (1 Viewer)

Double-spurred?

Common but b£$%^&RDS to see, same with the Tchagra or at least it was when we did it, Thekla can be tough too.

The iconic Moroccan bird is also missing from the itinerary, Northern Bald Ibis?

I'd hope that they'd take you up to Oukameiden above Marrakesh, amazing place, Crimson-winged Finch is very easy along with Alpine Chough and Horned Lark.

I agree been there done that ( Oukameiden)

What experience has the guide with finding the buttonquail? I asked him about it for this year and he went very quiet.

Steve

I did a day trip with Brahim/Otman when down in the deserts around Rissani a few years back. Brahim certainly knows his stuff and I would recommend using him. He has the benefit of being a local and is a conservationist - few enough of these running tours in Morocco.

He is effectively a one man band, but has links with others in Morocco. He is, I believe, a native of Rissani and this I believe is his best area, but has been guiding all over Morocco.

Please remember that english is his second language - but it is good.

He also claims to have a Houbara site in the north of the country and not in the area 'diluted' by UAE sponsored releases.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back