• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird nest in our yard (1 Viewer)

2nd egg not hatching

It seems like the 2nd egg might not hatch |=(| Went out to look at the nest yesterday when the mom was away and noticed that the egg had a two tone coloring to it and a very small hole. Today it looks the same. Any ideas on what happened to it? How does the mom deal with a egg that does not hatch?

skyhighphoto said:
It seems like the 2nd egg might not hatch |=(| Went out to look at the nest yesterday when the mom was away and noticed that the egg had a two tone coloring to it and a very small hole. Today it looks the same. Any ideas on what happened to it? How does the mom deal with a egg that does not hatch?

Oh that's a shame - I have no idea I'm afraid. I wonder what happened...

Didi

So sorry to hear the egg did not hatch. I'm glad you kept the blog updated. Though one did not survive one did. Very good photo's!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back