• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fife, Scotland, Warbler, wood i think (1 Viewer)

I think its a wood warbler not 100% sure as they shouldnt be in my garden at this time of year.

Can someone please help

Attachments

• unknown2.jpg
    unknown2.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 197
  • unknown1.jpg
    unknown1.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 201
  • unknown3.jpg
    unknown3.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 121
  • unknown4.jpg
    unknown4.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 196
  • scoped unknown1.jpg
    scoped unknown1.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 192
Cheers guys, didnt expect one of these in a city centre with no waterways lol,

Thanks

We have at least one regular wintering Grey Wagtail on the roof of our 1960's office block in Southampton, along with lots of Pied Wagtails. The stagnant water on the roof could hardly be called a "waterway", but the Wagtails seem happy enough, and often sing from above my window so I get serenaded while at my desk.

:t:I had one in Troon centre in the winter one year when I lived in a flat that used to constantly perch on car wing mirrors and attack its reflection.I don't know how it found time to eat and drink!8-P

I saw one years ago, at distance to begin with.
I was convinced I had something fantastic. A small passerine with short tail and an amazing pumping action to its rear end, working the waters edge on an island on a lake. Maybe a Northern Water Thrush!!, the adrenalin rush was fantastic. Eventually the bird came closer and closer. I got some colour on it... A GREY WAG. Disappointing but in all reality great to see (I've seen nothing like it since)

I once saw a tail-less juvenile Grey Wag perched in a tree in some beautiful forest in northeast Turkey, where I was hoping for better things. It threw me for several minutes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back