• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2005 theme challenge categories (1 Viewer)

IanF

These are the proposed themes for the current year. They are however subject to amendment in particular in respect of themes being nominated as prize competitions which will periodically appear.

Jan - Anything goes!
Feb - Flock of Birds - changed to prize competiton theme NATURE
Mar - Feeder Antics - as above competition to run into March due to crash.
Apr - Feeder antics
May - Birds and Water
Jun - Birds and Man
Jul - Butterflies
Aug - Birds in Flight
Sep - Humorous Bird Photo
Oct - Camouflaged Birds
Nov - Single Bird
Dec - Holiday Card
Detailed descriptions of the theme will appear at the beginning of each month or queries can be answered in advance in this thread.

July Competition "Butterflies ETC"

IanF said:
These are the proposed themes for the current year. They are however subject to amendment in particular in respect of themes being nominated as prize competitions which will periodically appear.

Jan - Anything goes!
Feb - Flock of Birds - changed to prize competiton theme NATURE
Mar - Feeder Antics - as above competition to run into March due to crash.
Apr - Feeder antics
May - Birds and Water
Jun - Birds and Man
Jul - Butterflies
Aug - Birds in Flight
Sep - Humorous Bird Photo
Oct - Camouflaged Birds
Nov - Single Bird
Dec - Holiday Card
Detailed descriptions of the theme will appear at the beginning of each month or queries can be answered in advance in this thread.

Hi Ian,

I have just joined Birdforum today. I saw that you were running a photographic competion, and I have entered a picture. However the Entry details are a bit vague. This being my first entry, I have seen the rules of entry, but cannot find much about voting, and whether or not there is a prize for the winner etc. From previous competitions you have won the members vote and the top 20 are then passed to Zeiss for judging.

Could you give me more information?

Thanks
Heather

Icemaiden said:
This being my first entry, I have seen the rules of entry, but cannot find much about voting, and whether or not there is a prize for the winner etc. From previous competitions you have won the members vote and the top 20 are then passed to Zeiss for judging.

Could you give me more information?

Thanks
Heather
Hi,

I take it you have seen the rules for the currenct competition in this thread http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=36982. Please note that if the rules are not met in full an entry may be disqualified.

A few days after the competition closes a thread will be posted where members can vote for the winner.

Not all competitions have a prize. Many are just for fun and the "honour" of winning. If there is a prize that will be made clear at the time.

Hope this helps.

What does Dec 'holiday card' competition entail. Is it for a photograph of a bird that you have taken whilst on holiday?

Eager beaver !

Hi rin,

The details will be posted after the 1st December, but essentially the idea is to produce a photo or artwork of a seasonal greetings card.

Here are two examples of the winners from 2003 and 2004 :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back