• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Natural world - Iron Curtain:Ribbon of Life 8-8.50pm BBC2 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

Natural world - 6/3/2009 - Iron Curtain:Ribbon of Life 8-8.50pm BBC2

Another Natural world about the historical political division between Eastern and Western Europe.

It is a programme that will open the hearts and minds of people who want to save endangered wildlife

Programme will be on BBC I-Player too. Will add link shortly after programme is finished

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...l_World_20082009_Iron_Curtain_Ribbon_of_Life/

The link to BBC I-Player as mentioned

This particular programme ran through the complexities of the last war, and then the landmass as it is now. There seems to be a 8 thousand mile land mass of this whole river (thing) through the many counties/country thing which is is quite complex. This is where nature has taken hold and needs to be protected at all costs.

The bird included in this where the Cranes, The Great Bustard, Cormarants (sp), Bea-eaters, Rollers, WT Eagles. Imperial Eagles, etc.. and to take individual species goes without saying.

Lots of wild flowers too and other insect species. The bird part of this programme was the best and it seemed to show the best species.
You need to see this programme as it is quite 'complex' to watch. Lots of food for thought anyday.

Love to hear thoughts about the programme as it covers many countries. :t:

There may be an array of thoughts from people from all over the world. :t:

Last edited:
A Gem of a programme with something for everyone. Interesting behaviour in the Red Deer that wouldn't cross the invisible boundary. Once the fence had been taken down the deer would still not cross where it once was, even though there was nothing there. And I rather liked 'Willie Fat Belly'.

Everyone should watch this...including our government!

A Gem of a programme...Interesting behaviour in the Red Deer that wouldn't cross the invisible boundary...

Absolutely...a 'must see'!

The birds were great but the Deer bit was chilling:eek!:

I thought the Cricket looked like a 'Douglas', but that's probably just a cultural thing :>)

Al

One of the best and most up-beat wildlife programmes I've seen in a long time. Lots of highlights but I particularly liked the Wolverine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnnh

I am not sure if it will be repeated or not, I cannot see it anywhere on this Saturday or Sundays listings.

I noticed it is on HD, but I do not know if that helps viewers in Ireland or not

I see that you can download the program as a <wms> file if that is any help. Again someone might know more than me how to go about it.
It may mean someone downloading it for you, and sending it to you as a <wms> file to view?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back