• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatching sites Eskilstuna area (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I shall be visiting Eskilstuna area mid May and would appreciate any suggestions and directions for birdwatching sites in the area which may be good for photography.
I shall have a car so sites within a 90 minute drive would be ideal.
It would be nice to see ( and pref photograph) some of Swedens speciality birds so any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
I am also after a good guide of Swedish birdwatching sites ( pref in English) so once again any help is appreciated.

Eos

Hello! I have no experience with the area around Eskilstuna, but I would recommend you to keep an eye on Svalan, the report system here in Sweden, where you can find what's been seen lately.

http://www.artportalen.se/birds/todays.asp

Choose Province "Södermanland" to get the area around Eskilstuna.

Here is also a link to the local birding club in Eskilstuna, unfortunately only in Swedish, but maybe an online translator can help you? (They're usually pretty bad, but might work.) Or you could contact them and get some help. :) Their e-mail is oke(at)sormlandsornitologerna.se

Hope you get a great time in Sweden! Mid-May is a lovely time here...

Hi - Thanks for the information which I will certainly follow up. Regarding a translator my girlfriend happens to be Swedish so it shouldn't prove too much of a problem - lol

There is info there and people at the links, but you will need google maps to look up "parking by church" and such details. Print maps before you go.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back