• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi, ZR 8x43 ED2 ordered (1 Viewer)

Rodney On The Storm

New guy to this forum. I've been on Cloudy Nights and Astromart for quite a few years. From my hours of reading Bird Forum over the past week I recognize some familiar names :)

Last year I purchased the ZR 10x42 monocular. I've owned Zeiss, Nikon, Pentax, plus other brands in the past. But the ZR has been outstanding. It leaves the house with me everyday.

Earlier this evening I ordered the ZR 8x43 ED2's that Cameraland is offering. Really looking forward to their arrival. I'm very new to birding, but now living a 100 yards from the Snake River along the Idaho/Oregon border will provide opportunity. Previous residence was east of San Diego near Mt. Laguna. Numerous hawks visible daily :)

I currently use three different Nikon binoculars... 7x15 Titanium for insects, 10x25 LXL for carry, and my beloved 8-16x40 XL zooms for distance and night time sky viewing. I did own the 8x30 E2's for a couple of years, but sold them to fund a telescope. I'm hoping the ZR's will replace the E2's and my XL's (I'd like to retire the XL's from daily use).

Anyway, that is my story and I'm glad to be part of the ZR forum.

Last edited:
New guy to this forum. I've been on Cloudy Nights and Astromart for quite a few years. From my hours of reading Bird Forum over the past week I recognize some familiar names :)

Last year I purchased the ZR 10x42 monocular. I've owned Zeiss, Nikon, Pentax, plus other brands in the past. But the ZR has been outstanding. It leaves the house with me everyday.

Earlier this evening I ordered the ZR 8x43 ED2's that Cameraland is offering. Really looking forward to their arrival. I'm very new to birding, but now living a 100 yards from the Snake River along the Idaho/Oregon border will provide opportunity. Previous residence was east of San Diego near Mt. Laguna. Numerous hawks visible daily :)

I currently use three different Nikon binoculars... 7x15 Titanium for insects, 10x25 LXL for carry, and my beloved 8-16x40 XL zooms for distance and night time sky viewing. I did own the 8x30 E2's for a couple of years, but sold them to fund a telescope. I'm hoping the ZR's will replace the E2's and my XL's (I'd like to retire the XL's from daily use).

Anyway, that is my story and I'm glad to be part of the ZR forum.

Rodney, welcome to Birdforum! Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy the new binos for many years to come..

Charles

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back