• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alphabetic list on Word (1 Viewer)

steve_nova

Please help anyone.

If I copy and paste a list of items into Microsoft Word and want to put that list in alphabetical order.....how do I do it?

I have tried Help, which wasn't, and have only succeeded in imagining myself punching Bill Gates very hard in the face (and I wouldn't say that I'm a violent type).

Hi Steve,

I am assuming you have one item per line - if not you need to. Select the text and choose Sort from the Table menu. I just tried it and it works - I have Office XP.

Elizabeth beat me to it. You don't have to change to a table first.

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Select your whole list, then go the Tables, Sort and hey presto.

HTH

:t:

steve_nova said:
Whilst on this subject, isn't this little bugger very annoying!
If you get a chance watch the movie in the zip attached (you need sound). It says it all. ;)

Attachments

• paper_clip.zip
    475.1 KB · Views: 176
steve_nova said:

Yes - I soon got rid of him - but I have a dear little cat instead, who does tricks! This is the only place cats should be allowed!!!!

Must now try out the other suggestions - I keep going away to do some housework, but somehow or other I'm back here again. :eek!:

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Robin - I tried it but got this message: The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.
Hi Elizabeth. That's strange - I have just downloaded it myself and it works fine. I'll wait to see if anyone else has a problem before I upload again.

steve_nova said:

Steve,

He sure is!! When I didn't know what I was doing he was always scratching his head and laughing at me. What a prurient pleasure when I finally figured out how to kill him!!

B :)

Hey... don't do yourself down, Steve... It took me a while to find it and "Help" was about as much help as... well... as it normally is!

Kiki said:
Hi Robin,
Think he's great. If only I could really do that to him....
Absolutely. Funny thing is my nephew works for MS in Seattle and hardly anyone is MS likes the *%$£?! think either

robinm said:
Absolutely. Funny thing is my nephew works for MS in Seattle and hardly anyone is MS likes the *%$£?! think either

I think it's cool - long live clippit

Need a hand, clippit is just a click away.
Feeling blue, just give hime a nudge and he'll cheer you up.

He's got some really cool friends too.

The Dot
F1
Office Logo
Merlin
Mother Nature
Links
Rocky

And there are more on the web........

Give an office assistant a home, they're for life not just for Christmas :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back