• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 Birds, Cartagena and Bogota, Colombia, January (1 Viewer)

Kyleand

Hi I have three birds I cannot identify from a recent trip to Colombia. Sorry for the poor quality photos.

Bird 1: This bird was seen near the beach in Cartagena.

Bird 2: This bird was seen at Monserrate in Bogota.

Bird 3: This bird was also seen at Monserrate in Bogota. It looked like a humming bird, but I am a novice so I would not know.

Thank you all for your time and expertise!

Attachments

• bird 1.jpg
    bird 1.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 30
  • bird 1a.jpg
    bird 1a.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 21
  • bird 2.jpg
    bird 2.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 30
  • bird 3a.jpg
    bird 3a.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 39
  • bird 3b.jpg
    bird 3b.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 39
1 and 2 ar Cattle Tyrant's

Can't see any Hummers with such a long tail and, long bill?

3 Has to be Great Thrush which is seems comes with or without an eye ring?

A

Last edited:
Thanks Andy!

There were signs up on at the monastery for various birds that frequent the location where I saw the last bird. I believe two signs were for the Black-tailed Trainbearer and the "colibri paramuno" (google calls it Shining sunbeam) but I am not sure either fits the bill, well, maybe the Trainbearer....

Last edited:
Think thrush without a well-developed eye ring should be immature. The hummer is female black-tailed train-bearer, I believe, based on fairly short tail (for this species) and almost entirely dark tail

Think thrush without a well-developed eye ring should be immature. The hummer is female black-tailed train-bearer, I believe, based on fairly short tail (for this species) and almost entirely dark tail

Surely the bill is way too long or am I looking at this wrong, that's not the bill in front of it?

No wonder I couldn't ID it!

A

In the flight photo there's a twig that could be mistaken for the bill, Andy. I think The Fern has it right.

Andrea

Not disputing it, pointing out that I was mislead by what I thought was the bill.

Had that not been the case, I'd have reached the same conclusion.

A

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back