• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greater Roadrunner (1 Viewer)

Donna

What a surprise! I looked out my kitchen window and there he was!!! A Greater Roadrunner. I had to stand back from the window and take this picture. He was aware of me and gave me a dickens of a time trying to get all of him in a frame...but he jumped up onto the birdbath and I got him! It's the first time I've seen him in my yard in two years. The last time he was on my front porch!

Anyway, here he is....

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 224
Well what a simply fabulous photo that is... I really love it and you are one lucky lady looking out and finding this in your space.

Meep meep!! Is it an Acme bird bath? Everything old Wile E used to try and catch Road Runner seemed to be from that company.

Fantastic shot.

LOL...you guys are too much! We actually do have coyotes here, you can hear them at night...I've never seen one that I know of though. As for an Acme bath...don't know, it was a gift :)

I am still exicted over having him here. They are awesome birds and they kill snakes! Sure hope they're selective and only go for the poisonous ones near my house. I believe they go for bird eggs, too...guess I can't do anything about that, nature being nature and all.

Hubby and I are going to see some Bald Eagles this morning. For some reason they have gathered at a lake a couple hours from here. They counted 150 the other day! I hope the weather is conducive to photos and hope I can see one close enough to get a picture or two. I don't have any sort of extra telephoto equipment, only what the camera is equiped for. I am keeping my fingers crossed....wish me luck!

What a great photograph Donna and I must add spotlessly clean window. Couldn't tell this was taken thru glass.

That was a great photo Donna. I have only seen one RR once when I was out in AZ. They are not back here. It looks like it is thinking, "Darn. She got me."

He sure looks better than the only other one I've seen - running across the local movie screen. What a lovely shot, thanks Donna

Oh boy! I got a "cracking" and "topper"!!! Pretty soon we'll all be talking like each other! I love it....

I agree Sal, the real thing is better!

road runner

Okay Donna, you have all the good birds, who said life is fair? My goodness I should not be envious but you know what I am!!!
One of my very favorite birds. I only see them on trips, never in the big city. What a delightful creature. I never see one that I do not think of the roadrunner cartoon though.

Thanks for the terrific picture. This site is grand for giving us birds we would never see at our own homes.

Did you say you lived out in the middle of a rural area?

Glad you are on this forum as I enjoy your birds and photos.
wanda

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back