• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blyth's reed or Caspian reed warbler , west Kazakhstan 19/04/2020 . (1 Viewer)

bassel

Dear All

I appreciate your assistance in sorting out the ID of the below warblers . I claimed them as Blyth's reed warblers depending on one strong feature which is the length of PP as it looked to me shorter then what it would be on Caspian reed . Also I see not much contrast between rump and upperparts . However still I have doubt with the overall coloration as it favors Caspian reed , also the leg color and the buff breast and flanks .

So please let me know what you think .

-First three photos of first bird

-Second two photos of another

Attachments

• IMG_9304.jpg
    IMG_9304.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9307.JPG
    IMG_9307.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9308.JPG
    IMG_9308.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9300.JPG
    IMG_9300.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9301.JPG
    IMG_9301.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 47
Thanks so much Tote and Ken . Actually there was many Paddyfield warblers which I could point on the spot but those two individuals were tricky especially on the supercilium . Other features definitely fit Paddyfield

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back