• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon V2 and Sigma 150-600 (1 Viewer)

nikonmike

Managed to get these two working together,its a bit of a beast and ime struggling against camera shake with a FOV = 1620mm but it looks promising,i have included some first day samples.

Attachments

• DSC_3028.jpg
    DSC_3028.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_3049.jpg
    DSC_3049.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_3196.jpg
    DSC_3196.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC_3313.jpg
    DSC_3313.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 113
Managed to get these two working together,its a bit of a beast and ime struggling against camera shake with a FOV = 1620mm but it looks promising,i have included some first day samples.

Now you're talkin! Those are gorgeous!

Don't see any evidence of shake in these, were they from a tripod? How's the autofocus?

Now you're talkin! Those are gorgeous!

Don't see any evidence of shake in these, were they from a tripod? How's the autofocus?

Thanks,they where hand held,AF can be slow in poor light,i had the lens on just AF i should have had it on AF/M then i could helped it,it is a brute though.
The thing to remember is not all 1 series cameras will work with Sigma/Tamron lenses,they may if you alter the camera settings like i did.
I think if you use the dock you can adjust the focus settings.

Thanks,they where hand held,AF can be slow in poor light,i had the lens on just AF i should have had it on AF/M then i could helped it,it is a brute though.
The thing to remember is not all 1 series cameras will work with Sigma/Tamron lenses,they may if you alter the camera settings like i did.
I think if you use the dock you can adjust the focus settings.

Yes, I'm sure it's too big for my purposes, but that's a heckuva lotta reach!

I'm still intrigued by the N1 line, hope the V4 has the improved sensor everybody's expecting. I haven't looked into compatibility with Sigma/Tamron lenses cause I'm pretty sure they're all too heavy. Any idea if there are any TC's compatible with the 70-300CX?

There are no TCs for the one system,there is still the possibility they will make a long lens for it,at least it would be a sensible size

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back