• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Email from the BBC (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

:t: Hi Folk,

Billy, I wrote to the Beeb on your behalf asking if they were going to repeat the Bill Oddie - How to Watch Wildlife series. I thought it was a bit early yet but also wanted them to know our British members of BirdForum do watch and appreciate nature programmes.

I have copied the reply in its entirety for you all to see. I love the ending BBC World Wide Wonderland, apt don't you think? they live in their own most of the time. Sorry BBBC the reply was very appreciated and quick, next day in fact, I kept it over till I did the diary.

Dear Ann

Thank you for your e mail regarding 'Bill Oddie's How to Watch Wildlife'.

I was pleased to read of your member's enjoyment of the programme. I note that you also appreciated 'Hands on Nature'. We are always delighted to receive positive feedback from our viewers. Your comments will be carefully registered on a daily log, which is made available to our programme makers and senior management. Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comment will play a part in this process.

Further I understand that you would like to know if the programme will be repeated. As we only receive confirmed schedules ten days in advance, I am presently unaware of any plans for a repeat. However, please be assured that I have registered your interest with our programme planners, and although nothing is scheduled at the moment, it is always possible that a repeat might be arranged for a later date. To find out the latest BBC schedule, please see the following websites:

www.bbc.co.uk/whatson

www.radiotimes.com

Further to find out more about BBC nature programmes, you may wish to visit the following website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn

Your interest in the BBC is appreciated, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards
Jacqui Allen
BBC Information

despite what some may say about the quality of recent tv broadcasting you cant go wrong with the good ole bbc :t:

matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks I wrote and asked them Billy's question but also said how much we enjoyed the series mentioned.

As you know in all walks of life we are all so quick to complain when things go wrong but how few of us actually thank anyone, I try to and that is why I posted their reply, our comments were appreciated and who knows we may get more good programmes.

As you implied and I always say where nature is concerned you can't beat the BBC. Stoats and elephants to look forward to this week make my licence fee worthwhile.

Ann :D :clap:

Bill's programmes are regularly repeated on various channels with Sky satellite television if you want to see more of him. I find these "refresher" courses very useful indeed.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back