• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A unknown pitta (1 Viewer)

I stand to be corrected, but isn't that one of Asia's other attractive species - an Orange-headed Thrush? Don't have experience in Singapore, only on the Indian subcontinent, so could be wrong.

My first reaction was also Orange-headed thrush, or rather Orange-headed ground Thrush as it was called when I saw it in Nepal in 1993. Its in my SE Asia guide & seems reasonably widespread in the area. Scientific name is Zoothera citrina.

Stuart

Another vote form the ground Thrush. I've never seen one in the wild, but my regular trips to the tropical house at Chester Zoo contain a hunt the Orange-headed Ground Thrush game with the kids. There are a couple in the substantial free-flight aviary

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back