• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stolen Nikon Gear!! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martin said:
Don't you think it's pethatic playing a patronising joke oneupmanship at the expense of the devastation being felt by the victim in this thread.

Hey Anthony,

I think DJ was simply answering to your sarcasm with more sarcasm, not being pathetic. I think we can all understand the unhappiness and lose, but no need for this thread to tumble into a slagging off match.

Anthony Martin said:
Don't you think it's pethatic playing a patronising joke oneupmanship at the expense of the devastation being felt by the victim in this thread.

eh?

I offered my opinion and some advice (experience based) on the matter and when my discussion with Adey ran into a brick wall, I pulled out with a (admittedly crap) gag. Hows that at the expense of eospete's friend?. Who, exactly am meant to be patronising?. I was mocking the preachy nature of my own posts as much as anything.

Lighten up, dude.

DJ

DJ Sideboard said:
eh?

I offered my opinion and some advice (experience based) on the matter and when my discussion with Adey ran into a brick wall, I pulled out with a (admittedly crap) gag. Hows that at the expense of eospete's friend?. Who, exactly am meant to be patronising?. I was mocking the preachy nature of my own posts as much as anything.

Lighten up, dude.

DJ

My point, your comments and smiley appeared to be patronising to Adey Baker when he simply gave up trying to express an opinion which clearly matched those of a significant number of people contributing to this thread. I was putting myself in the victim's place and thought, this was all I needed to read when I serched the thread for help.
You may comment from experience but, as someone once said, "being in possession of all known facts AND intellectual genius is no guarantee against being dead wrong".

I apologize to you and anyone else who may have taken offence because of my comments made in this thread.

Tony.

Is there any chance that we might be told WHY the insurer turned down the claim?

They could be a mean spirited bunch of nerks but they may have a good reason (as I highlighted above)

Anthony Martin said:
as someone once said, "being in possession of all known facts AND intellectual genius is no guarantee against being dead wrong".Tony.
Hmmm. I'm just guessing here, but I reckon if that quotation is contemporary, it wasn't written as a snipe at a politician.

pduxon said:
Is there any chance that we might be told WHY the insurer turned down the claim?

They could be a mean spirited bunch of nerks but they may have a good reason (as I highlighted above)

Well said Pete.

When we bought a scope recently, we immediately rang our insurance company to add it to the "All Risks" section of our household policy. We had to have it specifically mentioned, and show proof of purchase - and of course had to pay an additional premium for it to be covered (including theft from a locked car). When our renewal came up, we shopped around - and found that one company would not cover the theft of anything above £500 from a car, so of course they were crossed off our list.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back