• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World Virtual BirdFair? (1 Viewer)

Birding Peru

British BirdFair - Cancelled
Biggest Week - Cancelled
Asian BirdFair - Cancelled
Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival - Cancelled
African BirdFair Cancelled
Space Coast Birding Festival Jan 2021 - Cancelled
Every fecking bird fair/festival in the whole wide world - Cancelled.

Perhaps this is the right time to launch the World Virtual Birdfair. Nicer for the planet, nicer for wallet, potentially more attendance, and bigger reach.

Join a new Facebook group
Many tour companies and many world birders are members.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VirtualBirdFair/

There is also a tour company directory of the overseas companies that participated in the British Birdfair and American Birding Expo in 2018 on this website. VirtualBirdFair.com

We are planning some sort of online event, possibly in June, when there is a clearer picture when international birding can be resumed again.

Stay Safe!

Most people I know that go, including me, just go for a day out, to catch up with people you haven't seen for a while and just generally browse around and have an overpriced beer. I can't see the attraction for me, in an online event, how would it work for me?

Most people I know that go, including me, just go for a day out, to catch up with people you haven't seen for a while and just generally browse around and have an overpriced beer. I can't see the attraction for me, in an online event, how would it work for me?

Exactly what went through my mind.
I go regularly and generally with a car full of friends and meet up with other friends once there.

Indeed, that is for sure the most compelling reason for meeting in the flesh. Hard to substitute for that. But if the purpose is to talk to tour operators for an overseas holiday or to visit a presentation, all that can be done on-line. So, that would be the principal activity of the virtual birdfair.

I hope to build a good size FB group over a month or so, and when it is clearer when the international flights resume then we announce the World Virtual Birdfair on the Facebook group and the website. There would be a lot of live presentations to choose from, and they would be available online also after the virtual birdfair is over, and free! http://virtualbirdfair.com

Saludos

Gunnar

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back