• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1995 Eagle Optics Catalog: a gift (1 Viewer)

elkcub

Silicon Valley, California
United States
Over the years I've found one of the most amazing and useful reference sources of optics information to be the 1995 "Optic Catalog," published by Eagle Optics, Madison, WI. With their permission, I have scanned my copy of the 40 pg. document, including additional price lists, and provide it here for general use.

I'm most grateful to Andy Bright for increasing the .pdf file size limit to make this possible.

Enjoy,
Ed

Attachments

• EOCatalog1995.pdf
    13.1 MB · Views: 1,191
Last edited:
Hi All,
A current PDF copy of our catalog is downloadable here.
It has all the good general optics info our 1995 catalog had, but more updated product specific info. Those old catalogs are interesting though, from a historical perspective. How else can we look up what the eye relief is on those old Zeiss Classic 7x42's?
Cheers,
Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Ben,

I think most will agree that the old 1995 catalog also provides a classy optics tutorial, as well as valuable historical info. about products still being discussed today.

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
Ben,

I think most will agree that the old 1995 catalog also provides a classy optics tutorial, as well as valuable historical info. about products still being discussed today.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed:

Thanks for the post to the past, interesting reading, great resource.
Includes the price list, and shows some models have taken a big leap in quality, but are still at close to the same price, as in 1995.

Also thanks to Andy.

Jerry

Ed:

Thanks for the post to the past, interesting reading, great resource.
Includes the price list, and shows some models have taken a big leap in quality, but are still at close to the same price, as in 1995.

Also thanks to Andy.

Jerry

Jerry,

Yup, I agree. Adjusting for inflation I think it's true in several hi-end cases one gets more bang for the buck today.

Ed

WOW. I have the same catalog :) What a small world. I remember I was in college. If I remember correctly I think at one point I found on the Internet back then different addresses for different catalogs. Ordered a bunch. I think the Eagle Optics was one, shortwave radio was another, some fishing catalogs and others. Is funny that is the only catalog left, I lost the others and gave away the shortwave radio I ordered. I was not into optics until later in the 90's. I remember I bought a 10x50 porro that I gave to my father. My neighbor had a Leupold 8x which was much sharper than the 10x50 Nikon but it did not care back then. After a while I wanted another bin and I got a 8x40 Minolta. Much smaller and much more portable. This is already in the early 2000's I started to care a little. In the mid 2000's I started to be interested in the optics. One thing I realized over the years is that I missed so many good bins that are no longer manufactured.....if only I knew then......
Nikon, Minolta, Fujinon and Pentax were making good bins then and most were Japan made.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back