• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sand Martin - colony (1 Viewer)

I had destroyed colony - about 150 holes... Were digging during the breeding period and stopped of course but idk how many destroyed and thinking about this to making this one for future

Yes, I have seen something like this on a UK reserve.

Also huge Oil drums on a pole with holes in seemed to work as well. I don't know what the inside was like, maybe just filled with sand.

There's a set up like this on a private industrial (with a decent sized mere next to it) site were I used to work.
Because it's close (within yards) of the water it had Kingfisher burrows too (used a few times).
Sadly, despite the fact it was used in the early days (early 2000's), I believe that it isn't used any longer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back