• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings (1 Viewer)

mattwhite

Hi All

I'm not very clued up about Waxwings but they are a bird I would love to see.

Do we get them in this County Durham? Can anyone help me see my first one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

I'm sure you do get them in Durham but the number varies each winter :smoke: Last winter was pretty good I thought as I saw them on a number of occasions but this year, so far, not so much as a feather :-C I'm checking every flock of starlings that flies by too just in case :-O

Why not have a look/ask the question on the Durham thread...I'm sure someone with more local knowledge will be able to help you out - I'm closer to Scotland than Durham ;) :-O

This is the Durham Thread??

You seemed to have started another thread not posted on the Durham one but nevermind.
waxwings are often seen in Durham but it has been a poor winter for them so far, although i believe there was one seen somowhere this morning by one of the posters on the Durham thread.
there has been alot of waxwings in Sweeden recently so maybe some more will turn up soon and no doubt any sightings will be posted on the Durham or south tyneside threads.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back