• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vanguard Spirit 8x36 ED Binocular (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
HI... Anyone out there own or have used this binocular ? I was wondering how they performed with the ED glass ..gwen

Hi Gwen,
I also, would be v-e-r-y interested in the performance of these bino's
(they're one of my contenders http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=2025281#post2025281)

Anybody?

Thanks,
Chosun

For long, long time.............. the earth - she cry....
now, the children - they cry too....
All terribly, terribly sad....

Chosun & the others who expressed some interest ..... I saw these on Amazon.com and when I saw the price come up after I brought up the billing info of $178 and some change, plus with the additional $25 mail-in rebate (which I have not yet received), brought these down to around $153 so I ordered a pair. I don't know why, but I think Amazon screws up the prices once in a while and I think this was the case this time. I really did not need another pair but I figured I could resell them after I gave them a try. The Pros: They are rock solid; compact; real nice fit and finish; nice case with a real nice strap. I would compare the view to the 7x36 Swift Eaglet with about the same size ocular lense. Nice rubber twist-up eye cups. I was pleasantly very surprised. I really thought they would be a piece of junk but they are a nice little unit. The only thing I did not like was that they had those hard, cheap plastic eye covers. I own a pair of Leupold 8x32 golden ring HD and these are not in the same class so they are now on that other auction site for about what I paid. At what I paid, I think they were a steal & at their regular price of $299+ I think they are in-line with the other Ed roofs of $300 or lower. ..gwen

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back