• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLR Tamron 200-500. 5.6 lens, any good? (1 Viewer)

Lens on Ebay

plainjs said:
I'm in the enviable situation of having Hawks nesting at the back of my house, I have some Camera equipment but nothing longer than 210 mm, I would consider anything but I see a Tamron 200-500 zoom on Ebay that I'm thinking of bidding on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

..john

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7626217532&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Are you sure it's the right lens for your camera. If you are using a Canon FD model it is not a bad lens but the aperture is small and on a telephoto like this you need high shutter speeds to get sharp pictures. Wide open it may not give you the results you want. Gives us a definite camera model and I'm sure you'll get more help.

plainjs said:
I'm in the enviable situation of having Hawks nesting at the back of my house, I have some Camera equipment but nothing longer than 210 mm, I would consider anything but I see a Tamron 200-500 zoom on Ebay that I'm thinking of bidding on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

..john

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7626217532&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
It may depend upon how old the Sigma lens is. I have the latest 170-500mm DG lens and it works perfectly with my 350D. Some of the older Sigma lenses need re-chipping, it just depends. When you look for a Canon 350D take your lens with you and demand to test it in the shop.

CannOffice said:
Are you sure it's the right lens for your camera. If you are using a Canon FD model it is not a bad lens but the aperture is small and on a telephoto like this you need high shutter speeds to get sharp pictures. Wide open it may not give you the results you want. Gives us a definite camera model and I'm sure you'll get more help.

Apologies, this got sent to the wrong thread

plainjs said:

..john

Hi John, if your kit were a 350D + Tamron SP 200-500 Di I could say nothing but good! If you're using an FD mount, I'm sorry I can't add any input ...

... and yes, I'm green ... |;|

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back