• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

San Diego. - mid May (1 Viewer)

Astrokev

Hi All

I will be on business in San Diego in mid May and may have the opportunity for a weekends birding. I will have a car.
Please could anyone recommend any spots in easy driving distance that will give me the biggest list and good photo opportunities ?

Many thanks in advance

Kevin

I was there about 6 weeks ago and, with a group, had an organised day tour looking at Lindo Lake, Silverwood wildlife sanctuary and the San Diego River Estuary.
We came away with almost 80 species. Good beer around there too.

I was there about 6 weeks ago and, with a group, had an organised day tour looking at Lindo Lake, Silverwood wildlife sanctuary and the San Diego River Estuary.
We came away with almost 80 species. Good beer around there too.

Thanks Steve, I'll look them up.

Any other recommended sites worth visiting? I'd like to get some close images of hummingbirds if possible, so if anybody can recommend known good sites with feeders, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back