• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I have a lot to learn... (1 Viewer)

Holy catz! What is it you have to learn? Certainly not photography -- those photos are incredible!!

Those 'faces' are something else -- very fierce! But such beautiful creatures.

Hi Tim, if you are comparing your photography with those on the address you listed, try practicing with the following that they were produced ;)

User Cameras
Manufacturer Model/Type Alias
Canon Canon PowerShot G1 digital camera G1
Canon PowerShot G3 G3

User Lenses
Manufacturer Model/Type
Pentax 50mm 1.4 in reverse position
Tiffen Megaplus 2x zoom

User Films / Media
Manufacturer Model/Type
IBM MicroDrive 1GB
Viking 512MB Compact Flash

User Filters
Manufacturer Model/Type
Hanimex +6 close up
Quantaray +3
Royal +1
Royal +2
Royal +3
Tiffen +10
Tiffen +7
no name closeups (diopters)

Hi Beverly, The photo’s were taken by a Dr. Mark Plonsky of the Psychology Dept.
University of Wisconsin and Timhotep is displaying a Finland flag, so my assumption (which may be incorrect) is that they are the not same person.

I think Timhotep is showing us where there are some wonderful photographs of insects, etc. for which I am very grateful.

I point was / is that with really good equipment and lots of practice, shots like these are within the grasp of many photographers. The photographer also provides a tutorial link on how to get photo’s like these at http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=351402

Hope this helps :)

I knew what you meant, Tony! LOL!

I hadn't caught on to the Finnish flag -- thanks for pointing it out. Guess I assumed that 'timhotep' was a screen name for Plonsky.

No matter -- they are amazing photographs and I'm grateful to have seen them.

Not bad photos of Plonsky, Timhotep... but I like yours, too! in fact, I think I like ones of the whole insect more than close ups of the eyes!

Those are great pictures Timhotep! My only complaint is that it doesn't look like he ID's them (or is there something I'm missing?) It would be a great ID resource for you if he did.

Leslie

Oops!

I´m sorry, I should have clearly said that these are not my pictures!

I read the tutorials. The flash makes pictures look almost "supernatural", it would be a very interesting technics to try.

You can´t get pictures like this by digiscoping, but the results are more natural.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back