• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hoverfly & Spider ID (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I would appreciate any help on the ID of the following two photos.
The Hoverfly was photographed recently around my pond in West Sussex and the closest I can see in my book is maybe Volucella inanis but I am far from certain so your help is appreciated.
The Spider for want of a better term is a House Spider photographed in the sink and measures approx 30mm as seen from front legs to rear.
I'm sure someone can be more specific on this and even a family name etc would be of help.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Hoverfly_sp.jpg
    Hoverfly_sp.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Spider sp_0075.jpg
    Spider sp_0075.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 35
The spider is from the family Tegenaria. Not sure how many species there are but I think the commonest are T. gigatea and T. domestica.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back