• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barnegat Light birding (1 Viewer)

1kenari

Any Ideas as to a good time for birding at the Barnegat Light in NJ. to ketch those ocean traveling birds in the winter. that may come into the sound area. I might try to go there this weekend.

Any day in winter is good at Barnegat. Harlequins, Purple Sandpipers, Long-tailed Ducks, any of the Scoters, both Common and RT loons, RB and Common Mergs, Scaup, Goldeneye and Eiders among all the others are always possible there. I live at the shore and this recent snow storm really pounded us, so I don't think you will be able to walk out too far. Unless the warmer weather takes care of it all by then.

Just an FYI... there is a Black Guillemot in Manasquan inlet(we saw it today) which is a bit further north than Barnegat. There were also reports of Pacific Loon, juvie King Eider, and Red Necked Grebe in the inlet as well. Good Luck.

Thank you

Thank you for the information. I would like to do some photography there this winter but I'm not sure when I can get there. Maybe in a week or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back