• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with research please (1 Viewer)

I have developed a software package including text messaging, for a private client. It was only when it was completed that I realised with a few small modifications, it could be used for text alerts for all sorts of things.

I intend to make it available for birders, with the great attraction that it could be free with sponsorship!!

That is for the future, but what I am interested in is what type of information birders need from such a system.

Users will be able to select many variables, like species, location, rarity, etc. Turn the system on and off at will, contact each other to arrange lifts to locations etc.

The main things I am interested in at the moment, is how the reports and info is to be grouped to be of best value.

I am not a birder myself, and I would be most grateful for any help and advice for this project - and if any one would like to take it on.

This is not an advert, I am not trying to sell something, I would just like advice from persons who may use such a system, as this is an opportunity to build a service for birders by birders.

Please feel free to contact me direct or through the forum

Thanks
Chris

Ther are already quite a few systems for birders on the market already although none of them are free. Have a look at Birdguides.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back