• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tierra del Fuego, at sea, February (1 Viewer)

peterbod

Some help please, pics taken from cruise ship

Attachments

• KQ0A3485bf.jpg
    KQ0A3485bf.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 80
  • KQ0A3475bf.jpg
    KQ0A3475bf.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 75
  • KQ0A3528bf.jpg
    KQ0A3528bf.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 68
Cape Petrel, Southern Giant Petrel, and a Skua - where exactly was that last picture (of the Skua) taken?

*Edited for a royal brain fart - I looked at it twice to assure myself that that was Antarctic Petrel and not Cape Petrel instead of double checking some underside photos. Too much confidence / too little double checking - sorry.

Last edited:
If it is in the Beagle Channel odds are extremely high it is Chilean Skua. The photo doesn't show anything that would make me feel otherwise - even just on the photo I would lean Chilean over Brown.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back