• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It's back! (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

'What is' I hear you cry. My camera!

Some of you with long memories will recall that at the end of the first week in November I went down South to the Christchurch/Bournemouth/ Poole area for a couple of days and that I visited (among other places) Sandbanks, Poole Park and RSPB Arne and took photos (as is my wont).

Then the camera went kaput and I've not been able to bring you the fruits of my labours. Until now!

Just a couple to start with (it will take me time to sort everything out, bear with me please) both from Arne. Yes I know the Dartford isn't brilliant but believe me it's far better than anything that I had before and I shall try again around Easter and I know now where his territory is because here he had just chased off a Linnet.

Isn't the stag rather splendid. He had quite a harem (no wonder he was lying down and panting) which I will show you presently.

Bill

Attachments

• ds dartford warbler 171108 .jpg
    ds dartford warbler 171108 .jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DS sika deer stag Arne 071108 .jpg
    DS sika deer stag Arne 071108 .jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi Bill.
Welcome back to the camera. I'll look forward to more of your pics. Your pic of the DW is better than any that I've got too; because when I saw mine some years ago I wasn't a camera carrier. How I wish I had been. 'Your' stag is a cracker. Nice pic too.

Baz.

Yay! Three cheers for Bill's camera repairer!

I shall look forward to seeing the other pics as and when, Bill. The two you have posted have certainly whetted my appetite. :t:

Glad you now have a working camera, Bill. I haven't seen Dartford Warblers at Arne, yet. I hope to next time I go though.

Great, Bill, both the repair of the camera and the piccies. The Dartfords that I have seen at Cogden Beach never stayed still long enough for a photo!

hi bill

Love your piccies of the Deer and the magnificent bird.

The Dartford Warbler is one beauty. He has one long tail- how can a person miss him. :-O

Hi folks,

'What is' I hear you cry. My camera!

Some of you with long memories will recall that at the end of the first week in November I went down South to the Christchurch/Bournemouth/ Poole area for a couple of days and that I visited (among other places) Sandbanks, Poole Park and RSPB Arne and took photos (as is my wont).

Then the camera went kaput and I've not been able to bring you the fruits of my labours. Until now!

Just a couple to start with (it will take me time to sort everything out, bear with me please) both from Arne. Yes I know the Dartford isn't brilliant but believe me it's far better than anything that I had before and I shall try again around Easter and I know now where his territory is because here he had just chased off a Linnet.

Isn't the stag rather splendid. He had quite a harem (no wonder he was lying down and panting) which I will show you presently.

Bill

Bill your photographs are simply stunning. You have quite the gift for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back