• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A memorable day in Iceland (1 Viewer)

Hi Julian

Probably one of the most impressive one day "clean-ups" (to use a hideous term) ever by a visiting birder, especially seeing Arctic Fox too, which is not at all easy, and Snowy Owl. You've got a bit of a nerve though coming here and seeing two birds I've not never seen in Iceland (Yellow Wagtail and Great Shearwater) albeit out at sea. Excellent photographs. Barrow's Goldeneye and Blue Whale on your next trip?

E

nice list of birds there mate, i might just have to check out iceland if i can get the time off of work

Love the layout of the report - great pix of the birds too

I also think the Birding Iceland website is terrific, Edward - especially the introduction to the target birds,and the pop-up status for rarities.

Cheers
Mike

Next trip

I'd love to think / hope there will be a next trip! Just have to find some good excuses. One thing we joked about (but "many a true word said in jest") was the possibility of cracking the Icelandic day record of 74 (if I remember correctly) species.

It seems to me that this should be quite possible with an early start to the day....and no beer stops. Maybe next spring......

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back