• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redwings and Fieldfares (1 Viewer)

Monahawk

Seen any redwings and fieldfares this autumn? Saw my first redwing fly over my house early this morning. A little earlier than usual.

Si.

There's been a couple of reports of Redwings this past couple of days from others but I've yet to see any. Hopefully that will change today as I'm off to Holy Island to see what's about after yesterday's heavy rains and high wind :king:

Winds are coming in from a southerly direction over the next couple of days. so don't expect any significant movements just yet.

Si.

Redwing migration in full swing. Large flocks flying over and resting in trees on my patch yesterday morning. Expect the first fieldfares in about a week or two.

Si.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back