• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What are my chances of selling a Pentax K1000 35mm? (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

Does anyone know what the chances of me selling a Pentax K1000 35mm camera are (maybe on an auction site)?

I know they were once much sought after by photographic students because they were a totally manual workhorse and great for teaching photographic skills but has that all changed? I am a little reluctant to part with mine for sentimental reasons (a little silly when I haven't used it for years) but am keen to buy a K100D Super so have started to think about it a bit..........

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Great camera, but people have left film behind. I wish they made the equivalent digital camera with all the manual controls. Only the film would need to be replaced by a digital device.

I think you will get very little. Film is still a good medium for storage, say for 20 years, though prints will be made by some mail order outfits only pretty soon, in 10 years.

Best bet is ebay theres a few on now and prices vary £10-40 depends what you selling with it. Some seller asking silly money for em, Good luck hope you sell it and get what you want.

Good Luck

Does anyone know what the chances of me selling a Pentax K1000 35mm camera are (maybe on an auction site)?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hello!
Selling it will not yield a substantial amount of money.
So why not keep it instead? It will see many generations of digital cameras come and go and still work fine.
The price for the K100Super is bound to drop sharply in the near future as Pentax have announced K20 + K200 models for release this spring.

Just my thoughts (supported by a string of good old 35 mm Pentaxis is my closet)
Thomas

I am a little reluctant to part with mine for sentimental reasons (a little silly when I haven't used it for years) but am keen to buy a K100D Super so have started to think about it a bit..........
QUOTE]

I had the same reluctance with my old Minolta 7000i-an excellent camera but just sitting in the wardrobe. Eventually I sold it on ebay.
With ebay there is no pattern-if you happen to advertise when 2 people are after it they can go mad, other times you get very little response.
I know someone who sold a 2nd hand digital camera and got MORE than the 'new' price-crazy!

Thanks for your replies.

I have just found out that one has sold on ebay for £65.99 but as David says, if two people are after it that's what can happen - if not then it could go for peanuts.......... I may watch and wait a bit longer. I would be happy to get that sort of price but not be so happy to see it go for a tenner - I'd rather keep it sitting at the back of my cupboard.

I would venture to say that your chances of selling the K1000 are slightly better than my selling some left over flash bulbs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back