• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last 3 ticks whats yours? (1 Viewer)

Most recent was 314 - Kelp Gull (Cape Schanck)

313 - Singing Honeyeater (Sorrento)
312 - Yellow-rumped Thornbill (Cardinia Reservoir)

Last edited:
Just getting back into birding this year after a long absence. So I very pleased with three lifers;

Iberian Chiffchaff
King Eider
Western Bonelli's Warbler

My list of threes

I am fascinated to read the diversity of listed birds, which speak to a variety of birding experiences and habitats. I've been doing this for less than three years, so my Lifer list of 451 and Annual list of 326 are rather neophytic.

Last 3 Lifers:

Cackling Goose hutchinsii subtype (Branta hutchinsii) at Reesor Pond, Markham, Ontario
Pacific Loon (Gavia pacifica) at Oshawa Harbour, Ontario which is many miles from the Pacific
Purple Sandpiper (Caladris matima) at Cobourg Harbour, Ontario

Last 3 Year Ticks:

Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) hanging out with some calves in Chatham, Ontario -- a long way from when I first saw them while I was working in a leprosy colony in northern Nigeria
Black-backed Woodpecker (Picoides articus) while freezing my buns off in Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
Le Conte's Sparrow (Ammodramus leconteii) on the Toronto Islands, Ontario

Cheers!
Charles

Hooded Merganser (29 December 2010, West Point Dam, Troup County, GA)
Sprague's Pipit (4 December 2010, Marshallville Super Sod Farm, Macon County, GA)
Lincoln's Sparrow (20 November 2010, Bradley Unit of Eufaula Nat. Wildlife Refuge, Stewart County, GA)

Bird on!
Jack

Ticks Nos. 203 & 204 were on the same day

203: Great Grey Shrike ~ Holy Island, 30th September 2010
204: Brambling ~ as above.

205: Squacco Heron ~ Morpeth, 14th November 2010
206: Hen Harrier ~ Budle Bay, 4th January 2011 *yes, today!!!* o:) :t:

White-browed Piculet
Blue-throated Flycatcher
Rufous Woodpecker

November 2010, Nam Cat Tien, Vietnam

(White-browed Piculet is a seriously cute bird, verging on baby Panda)

My last three
jan 2009 lesser scaup; cosmeston
may 2010 Ib chiff; gwent
June 2010 mamora's; gwent

before that Great White Egret Sept 2008; gwent

I am now on a grand total for U.K. after 35 years birding of 291. This year I am going to get twitching and get to at least 300. I am going to see cory's shear, cattle Egret, purple heron, white stork, Long billed Dow, roseate tern, Wryneck, aquatic warbler and ortolan bunting.

My last 3 ticks (all january)

Rough Legged Buzzard (Toft, Mainland Shetland) - never seen before
American Wigeon (Skeld, Westside of Shetland) - never seen before
Chaffinch (Effirth, Westside of Shetland) - first for my Shetland list

Saw my first pair of Red Throated Divers for 2011 in Sand Voe, Westside of Shetland yesterday.

What a good start to 2011!

Purple Sandpiper (Rhos Point)

Twite (Llandudno)

Mediterranean Gull (Bangor)

...and on 106 for the year! It seems harder this year for some reason |:S|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back