• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Tanager, Tobago. (1 Viewer)

Wiganlad

I've just found this photo taken from a pre-digital video, I believe in Tobago. Any help identifying it would be gratefully received. I've attached more recent White-lined Tanager and Palm Tanager female for comparison but all three seem different colours. Could be the age and quality of the mystery bird I suppose but I still can't tell what it is!

Attachments

• 018 (1280x853).jpg
    018 (1280x853).jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Tanager, White-lined f.jpg
    Tanager, White-lined f.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Tanager, Palm 'melanoptera'.jpg
    Tanager, Palm 'melanoptera'.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 36
Bird number 1, right? I am going to question Tobago. It really looks like that is snow, and there seems to be a glimmer of ice as if the image was shot through a frozen window. If it isn't snow, what would it be in Tobago?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back