• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB membership? (1 Viewer)

wildlifelove

Hopefully Birding...
Hi All

First sorry i don't no where to post this and if I'm not aloud feel free to remove the thread

is anyone a member and do you get monthly magazines? Anyone think it's good to join

Been a member since 1995, all the family are too.
We get a quarterly magazine & the kids get their own magazine / comic type mag.

Hi Wildlifelove

Join the RSPB and if you can join your local wildlife trust as well, you will meet and make good friends, people who think about the countryside the same way you do.

All the best Nigel

Okay thanks...Just a question someone wanted me to ask...what is there for ages 15/16 is it just membership gift and monthly mag because that would be ok...?

Not quite sure where you get the monthly magazine from. The RSPB "Birds" magazine comes quarterly but it is an excellent read. if you have the slightest interest in birds you should become a member (or give membership) to help in maintaining more of the natural environment in this country.

Okay thanks...Just a question someone wanted me to ask...what is there for ages 15/16 is it just membership gift and monthly mag because that would be ok...?

Being a member is more about what you give than what you get. You'll be supporting an organisation with a positive contribution to the World and its inhabitants.

You also get free parking and entry to the reserves and the kids can join the local group and take part in healthy activities and gain an interest in birds and other wildlife. :t:

Have a look on the website for details about membership - http://www.rspb.org.uk/supporting/join/youth.aspx 15/16 year olds would get a joining gift and an excellent quarterly magazine called Wingbeats. As others have said as well as the mag you also get entry to all of their reserves and your money contributes to the vital conservation work that they do.

If you go on the RSPB web site you can find a local group. These often have regular slide shows and trips. Some have a junior section. Have been a member since the 60's and my son enjoyed the junior outings.
It is the sort of group worth joining for the tremendous amount of good it does.
The spin off of helping it's work is the many benefits membership brings.

Hugh

My wife & I debated whether to join as there are so few RSPB sites within close striking distance of us........then we visited Bempton cliffs reserve and saw how much work they do.....and joined immediately.

Although some "hard core" birders tend to be a bit dismissive of the "Raspberries" (RSPB!) it's still the major generally accessible conservation organisation in Britain and - on a personal note - I think membership is almost obligatory, particularly if you visit any reserves.

Chris

If you imagine you only have to visit one of the (paid) reserves just over once a month to make your money back, you get a nice free gift (go for the RSPB Handbook, it's surprisingly good), and you help support some good conservation work, then it's a no-brainer! The magazine is good if you like looking at nice pictures and learning about RSPB activities ;)

Another question i think it say's but not sure....Is the free entery for reverses for ANY member of the RSPB child and adult?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back