• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black passerine with sharp beak, Lake Titicaca, Peru, August 2006 (1 Viewer)

in vitrio

Looking through old pics I saw this duo...no sign of any yellow so I doubt they are yellow-winged blackbirds, although they are not far off the shape...

Attachments

• 49180400926_e9f953f402_c.jpg
    49180400926_e9f953f402_c.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 120
The birds are really small in the view I am getting, but shiny cowbird seems a good guess?

Niels

Yes, I didn't have a good camera at the time. Closer-up here.

But that looks a good shout, the one on the left looks less glossy than the one on the right, so they may be a pair.

They give me more of a Shiny Cowbird feeling than Yellow-winged Blackbird. YW Blackbird is more slender, longer billed, perhaps longer tailed, and the female should have more of a pale superciliary... hard to be certain from that photo but I would lean Shiny Cowbird.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back