• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi! I'm a New Member and this site ROCKS!!! (1 Viewer)

Marianne Reid

PeleeChickadee
Hi my name is Marianne, and I'm a hardcore birder from the Pelee area! Great birds here right now! Just had a Varied Thrush (5 record for the park!) and a Bohemian Waxwing!! I hope to make a lot of new friends here! and I love to here other peoples stories on birds and birding!!

Hi Marianne, and welcome from the other end of Ontario! :) You're in an area I would dearly love to visit someday. I'd love to hear more about what you see and experience down there.
Hope you enjoy your time here on this highly addictive sight. If you love birds, you've definitely come to the right place!

Hi Marianne,

"Welcome to Birdforum!", from all of the Moderators and Staff here.

No need to be shy, just jump in and tell us what's about!

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Marianne, welcome aboard from another newbie..:) Im next door to you, well kind of...in the Tillsonburg/London area. Hope you get some pics of these guys! Would love to see them..:)

Hi, Marianne -- nice to have you with us! Like Tammy, Pelee is a place I hope to visit someday -- i t's only 5 hours away!

And you are totally right -- this place rocks!

Tammie said:
Hi Marianne, and welcome from the other end of Ontario! :) You're in an area I would dearly love to visit someday. I'd love to hear more about what you see and experience down there.
Hope you enjoy your time here on this highly addictive sight. If you love birds, you've definitely come to the right place!
Thanks for the welcome Tammie. If your ever come down to Pelee in the spring I'll show you the best spots to find great birds! Right now in the area a Fork-tailed Flycatcher was seen on Sunday..MEGA RARE!!! But the poor thing died of starvation...I never saw it but I feel bad for the poor thing..You must get great feeder birds up there!! Do you have a feeder up? What do you get?

Caron said:
Hi Marianne, welcome aboard from another newbie..:) Im next door to you, well kind of...in the Tillsonburg/London area. Hope you get some pics of these guys! Would love to see them..:)
Thanks for the welcome!! I tried to get pics of the Varied Thrush but he wasn't cooperative...lol

Hi Marianne!
Welcome! I was at Pelee at the end of April 2002 and hope to get back there next spring. The Worm-eating Warbler was seen the day before I arrived but overall I was a few days too early. I did report the first Green Heron of the year so that was something.
I was able to visit Hillman Marsh and Rondeau while I was in the vicinity. Great spots! It was a quick visit but I really enjoyed it.
I usually order any birding stuff that I need from Pelee Wings. If I lived any closer I'd go broke buying optics from them.
Cheers!

Marianne Reid said:
Thanks for the welcome Tammie. If your ever come down to Pelee in the spring I'll show you the best spots to find great birds! Right now in the area a Fork-tailed Flycatcher was seen on Sunday..MEGA RARE!!! But the poor thing died of starvation...I never saw it but I feel bad for the poor thing..You must get great feeder birds up there!! Do you have a feeder up? What do you get?

Good Morning, Marianne! :)
I most certainly do have feeders up..... 3 sunflower seed feeders, 2 mixed seed feeders and 3 suet feeders. Here's my daily line up for December:

30+ Pine Grosbeaks
20-60 Evening Grosbeaks
2 Hairy Woodpeckers
2 Downy Woodpeckers
2 Black Capped Chickadees
A dozen or so Common Redpolls
5 Bluejays
And 1 lonely Common Grackle who is not supposed to be here in December!

Not too bad but I'm disappointed that I don't red breasted nuthatches here. This list will likely change drastically come about April. I see the odd pileated woodpecker fly over... I hear them more than anything. Since there's a good sized lake one street over, I've had great sightings of bald eagles this year. They're gone now until about March.
Sorry to hear about the death of the flycatcher... what a shame.

snowyowl said:
Hi Marianne!
Welcome! I was at Pelee at the end of April 2002 and hope to get back there next spring. The Worm-eating Warbler was seen the day before I arrived but overall I was a few days too early. I did report the first Green Heron of the year so that was something.
I was able to visit Hillman Marsh and Rondeau while I was in the vicinity. Great spots! It was a quick visit but I really enjoyed it.
I usually order any birding stuff that I need from Pelee Wings. If I lived any closer I'd go broke buying optics from them.
Cheers!
Try working at Pelee Wings!!! I worked there last summer! I think half of my paychecks went back to the store!! LOL But I loved it anyway! I sometimes find Hillman can be better than Pelee somedays, especially now that they have the new shoebird cell there. Last spring a Piping Plover, Cinamon Teal and American Avocets made an appearance!! Great birds!!
Thanks for the welcome!

Hi,Marieanne,welcome to BF.You do seem to have a fantastic variety of birds in your area.do enjoy,BF it is very addictive!!

hi Marieanne

a warm welcome from sunny Wales, ok so its cold & wet but whats new. you will spend many a happy hour on this site & i look forward to seeing some pics from your side of the water

happy birding

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back