• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the April 2007 competition winners - theme 'Perched Bird' (1 Viewer)

IanF

From 108 entries this month 30 were selected for inclusion in the voting booth - a very difficult task in itself with there being so many first rate entries.

122 members cast their vote for their favourite photo and with so many good entries it's not too surprising that votes were evenly spread.

The winner this month is LucH with the entry Bluethroat which attracted 20/122 votes cast.

Runner up is Deanneart with Ice Magic attracting 13/122 votes.

Third placed is redeyedvideo with Snowy-bellied Hummingbird with 10 votes.

Congratulations to each of you and thank you to everyone who entered and took their time to cast their vote.

Details of next months competition will follow in a couple of days at which time the entries will be moved to their appropriate forums.

Wow, that's quite a surprise, with all the beautiful pics in this months competition!! Thanks everyone for voting, and off course Deanneart and Redeyedvireo also congratulations:clap: ! For everyone who still can't get enough of Bluethroats, I've posted some more here.
Thanks again!

cheers,
Luc

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for voting, and off course Deanneart and Redeyedvireo also congratulations:clap:[/URL].
Luc

It's Redeyedvideo if you don't mind. ;)
Joking apart, very well done for a deserved first place. If 2 entries were allowed you would have got 1st & 2nd for Bluethroat & Singing Bluethroat...

Well done to Deanneart for excellent composition & deserved 2nd place and finally thanks to all who voted for my Hummingbird, I can't explain how good it feels to be placed given that the picture was taken on a video camera and the exceptional quality of the other 27 photos who all deserve a :clap:

Exit stage left...

Dave J

Many congrats to LucH, Deanne and Dave smashing entries and worthy winners, I'm pleased my fav made it in the top three.

Bring on the next one!!! :t:
Jaff

:clap::clap: :clap: Congratulations to the top three - VERY WELL DESERVED!!
There were many excellent photos entered and I felt very lucky just to be counted in the top 30!

Last edited:
Congratulations LucH, on a well-deserved win! :loveme:

This is a superb photo, absolutely first class, well done! :clap:

Deanne and redeyedvideo were not far behind - in fact the task of splitting the three of you was a daunting one indeed. Great work - all of you deserved to win! :clap: :clap: :clap:

As for all the others - choosing between entries was a nearly impossible task - Birdforum members are getting too good! o:D

Hearty congratulations to the worthy winners. All 3 were in my final 5 and I voted for one of them - not saying which one - but they were all really, really good and it was a very tough decision.

For everyone who still can't get enough of Bluethroats, I've posted some more here.
Thanks again!
Luc[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really have a lot of great Bluethroat images. I'm sooo impressed!

Congratulations LucH a very worthy win and congratulation's to the two runners up two stunning photos. Well done all 3 and everyone who entered.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back