• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ospreys - Loch Garten (1 Viewer)

Hi Ben,

I got a picture from Garten about 3 but the nest and view was empty just trees, the picture is a bit "yellow" here don't know how else to put that everywhere looks golden for the "King and Queen" no doubt, Loch Lowes is a far more realistic picture.

Happy watching, I wonder who was flying through Derbyshire today?

Ann :egghead:
The Osprey Godmother

EJ came into the nest at about 0530 in the dark this morning, the earliest I think a male has arrived at Garten is the 3rd so plenty time yet.

EJ came into the nest at about 0530 in the dark this morning, the earliest I think a male has arrived at Garten is the 3rd so plenty time yet.

I thought Ann (The Osprey Godmother) was the only one watching the nest at thattime in the morning...! :-O:-O:-O (Except the Volunteers)

Diary Updated

The diary has been updated,although it has to be said,very little going on Im afraid.If as reported,a large number of birds are making their way north,there might be some action over the weekend.

Male Arrives...but

The diary was updated last night.A male arrived on the eyrie but as EJ was away fishing,he only stayed for a minute.Maybe things shall develop today.

Sry to spoil the romance of it all ..but any old male osprey turning up will do me as long as they produce healthy chicks ..didnt the hen bird lay a decent clutch with Orange vs and Henry trashed them ..before mating himself .. i love birds but as i said healthy chicks no matter the pairing will do me ....it aint like a mills and boon thing if henry doesnt show up its a case of any port in a storm for the hen bird as she has shown b4 ..reminds me of my local on a Saturday night ..lol

....it aint like a mills and boon thing if henry doesnt show up its a case of any port in a storm for the hen bird as she has shown b4 ..reminds me of my local on a Saturday night ..lol

So things have never changed since our National Bard,Robert Burns lived in Ayrshire..!:-O

Sry to spoil the romance of it all ..but any old male osprey turning up will do me as long as they produce healthy chicks ..didnt the hen bird lay a decent clutch with Orange vs and Henry trashed them ..before mating himself .. i love birds but as i said healthy chicks no matter the pairing will do me ....it aint like a mills and boon thing if henry doesnt show up its a case of any port in a storm for the hen bird as she has shown b4 ..reminds me of my local on a Saturday night ..lol

Yes but Orange VS has a horrible track record for raising chicks. They usually die from starvation.

Blizzard conditions in north Scotland this morning.I looked a EJ standing on the eyrie this morning,covered in snow and she must be thinking to herself;"What am I doing here"..!

Hi Ben,

Looked at the camera before BF brr poor EJ. I am trying to attach a photo, keep your fingers crossed as last time it didn't work for me.

Yes folks, some places in Scotland get blizzards, I hope Ben can get out of his house but only if he has to.

The Osprey Godmother

It worked.

Attachments

• EJ 060408.jpg
    EJ 060408.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi Ben,

Looked at the camera before BF brr poor EJ. I am trying to attach a photo, keep your fingers crossed as last time it didn't work for me.

Yes folks, some places in Scotland get blizzards, I hope Ben can get out of his house but only if he has to.

The Osprey Godmother

It worked.

It has worked this time. EJ looks very cold this morning.

Does no new enties on the blog there has been no male show up? I hope any male appears very soon. Is EJ still there? I've dropped by the nestcam but haven't seen her. I'm hoping its just my usual bad timing and i'm just missing her.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I think EJ got lonely and cold sitting in the snow and (hope) found herself a better perch today.

No male has turned up yet, Henry arrived back on the 10th April last year, so here's hoping!

There was no bird on the Lake Bassenthwaite cam either today only snow there too on the nest, hopefully the birds will arrive soon when the weather improves for them.

Ann :egghead::flyaway:
The Osprey Godmother

Looks as if Logie is on the last lap of her journey to Forres. She's left Spain where she'd been sitting out the bad weather and was in France yesterday.

S

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back