• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Osprey 2010 (1 Viewer)

What a lovely sight to wake up to this morning. Clear blue skies, sunshine and an Osprey back on EJ's nest - Hopefully it's EJ, rings aren't visible at the moment and one Osprey tends to look like another to me ;)

It's a white ring

Last edited:
What a lovely sight to wake up to this morning. Clear blue skies, sunshine and an Osprey back on EJ's nest - Hopefully it's EJ, rings aren't visible at the moment and one Osprey tends to look like another to me ;)

It's a white ring

It is EJ ok. I always think that she is the easiest osprey to identify. Odin is a different matter.

the sun is shining and hopefully we are back on track, Odin to arrive today if not another male so the season can commence. It's amazing though if you take a look at Roy's page there are still birds in Europe and yet the females have been here for over a week

the sun is shining and hopefully we are back on track, Odin to arrive today if not another male so the season can commence. It's amazing though if you take a look at Roy's page there are still birds in Europe and yet the females have been here for over a week

Notice how Roy celebrated 50 years in ospreys yesterday! Quite a milestone.

Just turned on and EJ is having a good look around her nest and even doing some tidying up. She did fly off a few minutes ago and it was almost a 3D picture of her flying in between the trees in the distance.

Had a surreal moment though when I started hearing some Geese honking in flight [and no where to be seen] and also a couple of Duck calls. I then realised it was from the Loch of the Lowes webcam which I also have open...shame it wasn't here as it would have given EJ some entertainment whilst she is waiting.

An INTRUDER!? or Odin?? EJ arrived on the nest at 19.40 with a fish followed closely by another Osprey landing on the nest. EJ with her back to the newcomer, mantling aggressively the fish she's just returned with. She appears to have seen the other Osprey off. Exiting stuff but I have to go out, hopefully someone can update in the meantime?

An INTRUDER!? or Odin?? EJ arrived on the nest at 19.40 with a fish followed closely by another Osprey landing on the nest. EJ with her back to the newcomer, mantling aggressively the fish she's just returned with. She appears to have seen the other Osprey off. Exiting stuff but I have to go out, hopefully someone can update in the meantime?
Certainly looks like a male

Hi Ann,

Odin did come back today and I missed seeing him, Pia, I think posted a video on UTube of the arrival and it is definitely Odin, first thing he did was to have a go at scraping out the nest cup. I wondered if it is now dry enough for a nest after all that snow and then rain today.

Happy Easter everyone
Ann
The Osprey Godmother :bounce::bounce::bounce::flyaway::flyaway::flowers:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back