• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monitoring migratory bird collisions with buildings and related questions (1 Viewer)

Cristina_H

Costa Rica
I've been considering to go to Baltimore city or Washington DC next spring and walk around the tall, illuminated buildings and look for stunned or dead birds that have collided with the structures. However, I have a few questions beforehand:

1. Are you able to actually do this without joining any monitoring team?
2. If you do, what should I do if I were to find a stunned bird?
3. If I were to find a dead bird, is there a way to send it to some natural history collection? If so, how should I temporarily preserve the bird?
4. Is there a way to submit my findings on a database or something similar?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back