• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon P7000 with which kind of Nikon Scope? (1 Viewer)

samartin

Hi all,
I'm a "greenhorn" in digiscoping. In my last years I did a lot of shots with Nikon DSLR and now with my P7000.
So now I'm interesting in digiscoping. What kind of scope and okular would you prefer in combination with the P7000?

Nikon Spotting scope RAIII 65 with 16-48 DS okular at the P7000 - is that a realistic combination?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hio samartin,

Try get the Nikon Fieldscope EDG85 with either 30x or 25xLER eyepiece for P7000 camera. I have these combo and there is vignetting on wide angle. Follow the link given by mabololo for more info about this setup.

Last edited:
Hi all,

many thanks for your answers this will help.
@ horukuru - what kind of adapter do you need? Nikon FSA???

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

many thanks for your answers this will help.
@ horukuru - what kind of adapter do you need? Nikon FSA???

Thanks in advance.

I used the Nikon Universal FSB-U1 adapter on the P7000. Easy for me to test other cameras in the future without buying different adapters again :king:

Other alternative is to buy the Universal Adapter MK II by SRB-Griturn at http://www.srb-griturn.com/digi-scoping-1-c.asp

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back