• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whistling-Duck (1 Viewer)

Anyone clarify please, Whistling-Duck Witch one
taken with nikon D70, and Sigma50-500mm lens, at Iso 400, f 1/1600, 500mm

Attachments

• DSC_0134d.jpg
    DSC_0134d.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 182
Plumed WD (Dendrocygna eytoni) - from Australia. The one with its rump turned towards the camera probably is something else, but I'll have to check a guide to be sure.

hughredcanary said:
rasmus the one with its rump turned towards the camera is a mallard sory

Is it really?
I might be far out here but I don´t get this in order, and I haven´t anything to offer at the moment, but I´m sure Rasmus has.
JanJ

... actually, I dislike the headshape. Doesn't seem very Anas to me. On the other hand the angle is difficult and I can't claim I've been looking at a lot of female Mallards from this particular angle (at least not while concentrating!). No species really rings a bell for me and I will leave it at that unless a photo from another angle appears. Anyway, I guess the most important was the Whistling Ducks and you've got that ID. Probably my favorite member of the genus, they really are handsome with the upturned flank plumes.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back