• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DOI 1.5X teleconverter (1 Viewer)

Paul Corfield

Picked up this DOI 1.5X teleconverter on ebay last week for £10 ($15 approx) and it came in the post today. It's a tiny little thing and the photo shows it along side the Kenko Pro 300 1.4X teleconverter as a comparison. The DOI is only 15mm thick while the Kenko is 20mm thick. The one I got is in Pentax mount and I just mount it on my Canon 450D via a thin Pentax to Canon adapter ring. Quite a warm spring day here today so anything over 25m is getting degraded with heat haze but I took a couple at closer range. The cat is from 9m and the Dunnock is around 18m. I'd say image quality with the DOI 1.5X is on a par with the Kenko Pro 1.4X so it's a good cheap alternative for just using on the scope.

Canon 450D -1.5X TC - 600mm Skywatcher Pro 80ED

Paul.

Attachments

• doi_1.5x.jpg
    doi_1.5x.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 270
  • doi_1.5x_2.jpg
    doi_1.5x_2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 270
  • doi_1.5x_3.jpg
    doi_1.5x_3.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 309
Couple of images taken with the DOI 1.5X teleconverter stacked with my Kenko Pro 300 1.4X teleconverter which gives around 1260mm or 2016 with Canon crop factor. Range was only around 12m. ISO800 1/200sec

Paul.

Attachments

• Tit1.jpg
    Tit1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Tit2.jpg
    Tit2.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 269
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back