• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Narvik, Norway - end July/early August (1 Viewer)

foresttwitcher

Virtually unknown member
United Kingdom
I may have the chance of a trip for a week or so at the end of July or the first part of August, to the Narvik area of Norway, possibly Ovre Dividal National Park; any tips on birding sites in this area?

The flight may be in to Kiruna (Sweden) so sites on the route to Narvik would be good also.

I have not been this far north before, so any of the Scandinavian specialities would be great; from the Aibase lists for Nordland & Troms my targets would include any of the following (although I don't know how regularly they would occur here or if this is the right time of year): Capercaillie, Hazel Grouse, White-billed Diver, Little Auk, Northern Hawk Owl, Great Grey Owl, Tengmalm's Owl, Three-toed Woodpecker, Grey-headed Woodpecker, Siberian Jay, Siberian Tit, Red-throated Pipit, Rustic Bunting & Pine Grosbeak.

Any help would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back