• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon HG on offer (1 Viewer)

I bought a pair some time ago for the same price and they really are fabulous.I know everyone sees things differently when looking through bins but when I compared the HG,s with the very top end bins the only ones I thought were a little better were the Zeiss FL,s which are very expensive and not worth the extra cash in my mind.Also the weight of the 8 X 32 HG,s is not a problem allthough the 42,s are heavy.

Max.

A couple questions for you folks who are familiar with this deal.

1. Is it still ongoing?

2. Do they ship to the US?

3. What would that 379 Euro translate into in US currency?

I am selling one of my Nikon Es and my Pentax XPs and am thinking about picking up a pair of the 8x32s to compliment my 8x42 HGs.

Thanks ahead of time.

FrankD said:
A couple questions for you folks who are familiar with this deal.

1. Is it still ongoing?

2. Do they ship to the US?

3. What would that 379 Euro translate into in US currency?

I am selling one of my Nikon Es and my Pentax XPs and am thinking about picking up a pair of the 8x32s to compliment my 8x42 HGs.

Thanks ahead of time.

Hi, Frank, the wharehouse express site still lists the bins today, but you should note that the prices are quoted in great britain pounds, not euros. So the £379 comes to about $682.50 today. If they do ship to the US, you could get a VAT refund.

These 8x32 HGs, Nikon part number 7436, can still be found at a very few places in the US. I find prices today ranging from $669 - 699. I thought I had overpaid for my 10x32's several months back at $579, but am now glad that I jumped on them when I did. I miss the eye relief of my 8x42s (lighter version), but have grown quite fond of the 10x32s.

Best, Bradley

I'd suggest you contact Doug at Camera Land New York. He was offering NIB Nikon 8x32 LX "L's" for $699.99 shipped. He also had some refurbished 8x32 Venturer/LX's for $479.99 shipped. I bought one of the refurbs about a month ago and I'm here to tell you that you'd never know they weren't brand new. There wasn't a mark on them anywhere! Not even the typical gold dot on the focus wheel that Nikon uses to distinguish their refurbs.

Nikon refurbs are covered by the same "no fault" lifetime warranty as their brand new stuff. This warranty allows you to return them for repair or replacement (their option), no questions asked, for $10.00 plus the cost of return shipping. I verified this information personally through a phone call to Nikon customer service. Camera Land only deals in USA warrantied good.....no "grey market" stuff.

Here's Doug's info:

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com
212-753-5128

The Nikon Venturer/LX's are truly outstanding binoculars. I've owned Leica, Zeiss, and Swarovski, but my current go-to binoculars are 10x42 and 8x32 Venturer/LX's.

Thanks for the info folks. I am going to continue to look into the issue. I have not totally decided if I just want to upgrade my 8x30-32 models with the HGs or if I want to just go with a 10x50 or 10x42 as it is one obj./mag. combination I am in sore need of for certain birding endeavors.

After more thought I think I may have decided on the 8x32 HGs. I did email Doug at Cameraland but they are currently out of stock on the 8x32 model though the 10x42 definitely sounded appealing.

Any other suggestions on places to get a good price on the 8x32 HGs?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back