• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A new lifer during my lunch walk (Crested Tit) (1 Viewer)

mjohanning

Never leaves home without a camera
Germany
I always take a walk around the area my office is in during my lunch break. There is a cemetery not far away that borders a forest and I always go there to watch birds.
Today, however, I barely managed to see any birds and was about to head back to the office. Suddenly I heard a call that was unfamiliar to me so I used Merlin's Bird ID to help me — and it turns out to have been a Crested Tit (Haubenmeise)!

After some waiting around at a tree, I finally managed to see it briefly! Such adorable birds and also a new lifer for me! Not the best of photos but I am really happy to have finally seen one! The location is a cemetery in Halle (Westf.) in North-Western Germany.
Haubenmeise-Gartnisch-20230719-1.jpg

Congratulations on your latest Lifer Marvin.

I'd be pleased with that picture but then, I've not got one yet sadly.

Congratulations on your latest Lifer Marvin.

I'd be pleased with that picture but then, I've not got one yet sadly.
I am pleased, but if I had had more time and hadn't needed to go back to work I would've probably been able to take a better one. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back